What is the current situation with COVID-19 in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong has been affected by COVID-19 since right after Christmas. Many businesses were closed and groups of more than four people are not allowed to gather. Hong Kong will partially ease social-distancing measures next month, with some business being allowed to reopen after May 7.
Are you still skating?
No, I am no longer skating. All of the skating rinks are closed so I can no longer do indoor training.
What activities are you doing to occupy your time?
For exercise I go out running with my sister. I also spend a lot of time cooking and playing with my dogs.
How has COVID-19 most affected you life?
I am a teacher but haven’t seen my students since Christmas because all the schools are closed.
What are your major concerns right now and looking into the future?
My major concern is the economy and how it will recover. I’m also worried about my friends losing their jobs. And I really hope that kids will keep skating when this is all done with.
- Follow Angelina Wong on Instagram.
- Go to Inline Skating and Life During COVID-19 to read more interviews from skaters from around the world.
- Go to Essential Workers – Inline Skaters on the Front Lines of COVID-19 to read about inline skaters from around the world who are considered Essential Workers.
- For our full COVID-19 coverage go here.
- Contact Big Wheel Blading for and questions, suggestions or ideas.
Follow Big Wheel Blading on YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
Join the Big Wheel Blading Facebook Discussion Group
If you enjoy our articles and content at bigwheelblading.com please take a moment and visit our Patreon page. Your patronage will help us continue to create content in our quest to unite all of inline skating and help the sport grow as a whole. // patreon.com/bigwheelblading