The inaugural 2019 Canada Roller Marathon is taking place on the 7th and 8th of September in Blainville, Québec, 30km north of Montreal. VRL skating club, jointly with Roller Sports Canada RSC, is organizing the two day international skating event. It aims to be the largest inline skating competition in Canada, both for the number of expected participants and for the level of elite skaters. Many international skaters have already confirmed that they will be participating in the competition. In addition, the best Canadian skaters will compete for the title of Canadian Marathon Champion.
There will be events for recreational skaters of all ages and levels. The organizers have created a unique category for skaters wanting to participate in a team. The event ambassador is Valérie Maltais, a three time Olympian in Short Track, silver medalist at 2014 Olympics and will be present at the competition.
Saturday September 7th, 2019
Some of the best Canadian and International skaters will be coming to the PMG Technologies Circuit in Blainville to compete in the 2019 Canada Roller Marathon. There will be races for elite skaters, groups of 8 and beginners (including children and families). Whatever your level, come to Blainville to participate in a race and the clinic.
- 9h00 to 9h45: Opening of the site for skaters and registrations
- 9:45 am to 10:30 am: warm-up period for skaters
- 10h30: 100m wave of qualification
- 11h00: Children’s race 1 km 8 years and under
- 11:10: Race 3 km PARTY everyone at the same time
- 11h45: Final 100m
- 12:00 pm: Children’s medal 8 years and under, 100m and 3km overall
- 12h30 to 13h00: Warm-up period for skaters
- 13h00: Marathon start 42 km, 21 km and 10 km.
10km: 9-10 years old, 11-12 years old, 13-14 years old, recreational 21km: 13-14 years old, recreational
42km: Junior, senior, master, grand master, veteran, recreational
- 3:20 pm: Presentation of the medals
Sunday September 8th, 2019
All skaters competing in races have the option to raise money for the Montreal Heart Institute Foundation. Any participant that collects $200 CAD or more in donations will have their race registration reimbursed by the MHI Foundation.
- Follow the Canada Roller Marathon Facebook page for updates and information.
- For details and registration information visit the official Canada Roller Marathon website.